1 Medium Onion sliced thin.
2 Carrots sliced thin.
1 Medium Bell Pepper.
2 Medium Zucchini.
1/2 Cup Corn.
1 Bunch Cilantro.
1/2 Cup Salsa.
1 Can of Chilli Enchilada Sauce./ Tomato Salsa.
8 Spinach Tortillas. (Plain ones can be used too)
Handful of Mexican Cheese.
2 Tsp Mexican Blend Seasoning.
Half a Lemon`s Juice.
- Slice all the veggies thin and place them on a greased tava . Sprinkle salt and pepper and mexican blend seasoning and mix in well.
- We do this step instead of roasting in an oven as that might make the veggies soft, while we want to retain its crunchiness.
- Roast the carrots, zuchinni and the onions until they are brown and carmelized and delicious.
- Remove from tava allow to cool and sprinkle chopped cilantro and lemon juice.
- Keep the greased baking pan ready and layer the base with the enchilada sauce / tomato salsa.
- You can use the chilli sauce which is a light green colour, or as a variation you could use the store bought medium chunky salsa.
- Now take all the tortillas and warm them on a tava like you would do a roti and set them aside.
- Take a tortilla, scoop out some guacamole and spread it all over the face of it.
- This would serve as the base on which we would add the flavoured roasted veggies .
- Scoop out the veggies – roasted onions, carrots, zuchinni, corn, cheese and cilantro on to the tortilla and tightly roll the tortilla and place it face down on the sauce in the pan.
- Continue and finish with all the tortillas and place them one after the other in the pan.
- Sprinkle some more cilantro over the rolled tortillas and pour out all the remaining salsa/ chilli sauce.
- Add mexican cheese and some salsa and bake for 30 minutes until the tortillas are all cooked well and the cheese bubbles.
- Serve hot with refried beans and guacamole.
- I made Enchiladas with 8 tortillas and froze three portions for lunch for TH.
- Typically you could serve them one of them on a platter with the following sides:
- This would make a filling meal by itself as it has a variety of ingredients with various textures. Your share of carbs, protein, and vitamins all in one go!
- I made two batches – One with the chilli pepper sauce and the other with regular medium tomato salsa. Both had very different tastes and textures yet with all the gooodness rolled in one!
10 thoughts on “Vegetable Enchiladas.( Corn Tortilla rolled with filling baked in Chilli Pepper Sauce/ Tomato Salsa)”
Looks super delicious 🙂
Tortilla rolled with yummy combination…looks very inviting
Thanks for your comments.
Terribly irresistible, just drooling over here..
Mmmm, Those vegies look so tasty 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Yum, enchiladas are my favorite mexican recipe and dish, yours look superb. I make it the same way with canned hot enhilada sauce 🙂
awesome clicks..healthy and delicious..
awesome clicks..healthy and delicious…
Droolworthy Shobs!!! Need to try it out soon
This reminds me that I haven’t had/made some enchiladas for a while ~ they look better than the local Mexican eatery here 🙂