Everyday lunch for my older one has to be a creative, in bite size pieces, healthy, proportionate to her palate, seasoned, yet not filled with curry powders and masalas. It has to be healthy, but not loaded with veggies and stay crisp yet soaked in the sauces. It has to hold shape until afternoon, yet not get too dry that you would need to wash it down your throat. I love making grilled sandwiches, as they slightly tank up the taste and hold on to their filling. As far as the fillings are concerned, really sky is the limit and is well governed by what is leftover in the refrigerator.
4 Slices of Bread.
Cucumber round slices as needed.
Egg Free Mayo.
Salad Veggies diced.( i used a combination of cabbage, brocolli and lettuce as available in the Asian Kit)
Hummus as needed.
- Warm the griller/ toaster and slather the bread slices with a layer of egg free mayo. PLace them face up on the sandwich maker.
- Arrange sliced cucumbers over the mayo and top with cut salad pieces.
- Now place another bread slice with hummus spread on them.
- Add more veggies like cucumber and top with chopped cilantro.
- Place a layer of American cheese slice and finish off with another slice of bread.
- Grill and serve HOT with a side of marinara sauce or ketchup.