Spinach is one leafy vegetable which is needed to be included in our daily diet. This soup has been a staple since I made it a few months ago when i added leftover veggies and herbs in an effort to clean out the ingredients in the refrigerator. We loved the subtle flavors of this soup combined with the gentle undertones of the ginger and the last thing on your mind is spinach. This soup is forgiving and extremely flavourful.
- 1 big bunch spinach
- 2 stalks green onions
- 10 crescents of regular onion sliced.
- 1 -2 clove of garlic
- 4 thin slices of ginger
- salt to taste
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of heavy cream (or ) 1 Ripe Avocado and 1/4 cup milk.
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp Sugar.
- 1-2 Tbsp Ghee/ butter/ oil.
- Line the base of your cooker with butter/ ghee or oil.
- Toss in sliced onions, garlic, ginger ,green onion and then the chopped spinach.
- Add a quick sprinkle of water, and allow to cook for a few mins on open stove or cover and cook for one whistle and open quickly by releasing pressure.
- This keeps the spinach very green and fresh.
- Quickly purée with water/ milk/ heavy cream along with salt, sugar, and pepper powder.
- Avoid heavy cream and add avocado (secret ingredient) instead for a dose of buttery healthy goodness.
- Serve with hot with a drizzle of cream and home made or store bought croutons.
A great way to sneak in veggies and spinach in to your soups. The color is impeccable and the slightest hint of ginger is very appealing and enjoyable.