In keeping with the speed of my never ending quest for variations of Eggless Muffins, today I decided to get a little more adventurous on the contents. I opened my pantry and wondered what to play around with??? Bananas..yes, of course, they are my egg substitues….Chocolates, oh yes, welcome any time….Choco chips. well…why not? I have had them lying in my pantry for months…and I was still missing something. My eyes fell on the box of Rice Krispies and I grabbed a handful. Krispies are always a pleasure to work with because I love the crunchiness that it attributes to whatever I add it to. It`s quite a surprising addition to many quick fixes with more surprising results.
1 cup All Purpose Flour.
3 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder.
Baking Soda – 1 Tsp.
Soft Brown Sugar – 3/4 cups not leveled.
1 Banana pureed in the mixer with 2 tsp of water/milk.
1/2 cup melted margarine.
3/4 cup Hot Water.
Handful of Rice Krispies.
Couple of Chocolate Chips.
1 Tsp Banana Essence / Vanilla Essence.
- Measure out the required dry ingredients – the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda and mix them in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Take a muffin pan and grease it with baking spray or oil. Set aside.
- Start with the wet ingredients – In a mixing bowl, add melted margarine, banana puree, hot water, sugar, and banana/vanilla essence.
- Mix slowly to incorporate these ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients little by little taking care not to whisk briskly as this might rob the batter of air that is needed to give it sufficient sponginess.
- Lastly add the chocolate chips and the rice krispies to the batter giving it a whisk.
- Using a small ladle, dole out equal quantities on to the muffin pans. We do this so we get equal sized muffins.
- Bake in the oven for around 15-17 minutes..Different ovens take different times based on the efficiency, voltage etc so keep a watch with the oven light on.
- When you get browning on the top, and the time has crossed 15minutes, keep a close watch and turn off the oven when neeeded.
- Enjoy delicious crunchy banana chocolate chip muffins.
13 thoughts on “Banana & Chocolate Muffins with Choco Chips & Crunchy Rice Krispies!!!”
hey the addition of rice krispies makes it a real fun to eat, definitely and with choco chips ..mmmm now you talking..will try soon..
hey btw I guess you forgot to mention about the rice crispies in the ingredients and the measurement..and also about the addition of walnuts and almonds..do check 🙂
thanks for yoour quick feedback, have corrected the same.
unusual combo there 🙂 the muffins look moist and delightful.
Wow!! the muffins looks cute and yum.
Wow gorgeous muffins, love the addition of rice krispies, truly very unique..
Looks like you made a lot, they looks so yumm.
Lovely golden brown color. Chocolate and choco chips together must be doubly delicious.
Muffins have baked beautifully!
The combination of cocoa and choco-chips was heavenly…
@ Parita, thnks for your comments.
@ Priya, rice krispies gave it a little crunch.
Wow the muffins look kewl and the addition of rice krispies is simply nifty!!!
The cupcakes looks lovely , Shobha!Thank you so much for visiting my blog 🙂 HUGS!