Lasagna Rolls Ups have been on my to do list for a very long time as it serves as a super quick dinner option, without requiring layers of lasagna to be filled with roasted vegetables and allowing them to get cooked in the sauce. Roll Ups allow the versatility of using available vegetables, and they can be quickly filled and rolled up tightly and placed in a cookie sheet with a sauce of your liking. When Padmajha suggested using Mint and Pasta together in a dish for the Shhh cooking, I immediately decided to use this opportunity to make Lasagna Roll Ups for the same.
Ingredients for the Lasagna Filling:
1/2 Bunch cleaned and chopped spinach.
1/2 Cup Peas.
1/2 Cup Corn.
3 Tbsp Cream Cheese / Ricotta Cheese.
1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella.
Salt to taste.
1/2 Tsp Pepper Powder.
1/2 Tsp Onion Powder / Garlic Powder.
1 Packet Lasagna Sheets.
Ingredients for the Creamy Cilantro Mint Pesto:
3 Tbsp Butter.
4 Tbsp All Purpose Flour.
1 1/2 Cup Milk.
1/2 Cup Half & Half or Heavy Cream.
Salt to taste.
1/2 Bunch Spinach.
1 Bunch Mint.
1/2 Bunch Cilantro.
1 Green Chilli.
2 Garlic Cloves.
- Take a large flat bottomed vessel and fill it up with 3/4`th water. Add a couple spoonfuls of salt and a few drops of olive oil, and let it boil. Add the lasagna sheets and cook as per direction.
- Remove from the water and allow to sit on a greased aluminum foil. Each sheet should be kept separately, to avoid them from sticking to each other, and they co-operate with you better later on.
- Prepare the filling by taking all the required ingredients – Spinach, corn, peas, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and the required spices like salt, onion powder, pepper powder etc and mix well.
- Set aside.
- To make the creamy sauce, take a wide sauce pan and add the 3 tbsp butter. When melted, add the all purpose flour and quickly whisk it in on a medium low flame. When the flour is cooked in the butter, add the milk and the half and half/ heavy cream and whisk it slowly until well incorporated.
- Grind the spinach, cilantro, chilli, garlic cloves and mint and give it a quick pulse until smooth. Add this to the roux that’s on the stove.
- Add salt, and black pepper and mix in for desired taste.
Assembling the roll ups :
Take the cookie sheet and pour a couple ladlefuls of cilantro mint pesto on to it.
Take the lasagna sheets and fill with a spoonful of the lasagna filling. Roll them up tightly and arrange tightly next to each other on to the cookie sheet.
Pour more of the creamy mint pesto sauce on to the lasagna roll ups and garnish with more shredded mozarella .
At this point, you could throw it in the freezer for use later on. Store them in little loaf pans and seal them with the cling wrap and freeze them for use
Else you could preheat the oven to about 375F and bake them for about 20 minutes until soft and bubbly.
Remove from oven and serve hot with roasted veggies.
10 thoughts on “Lasagna Roll Ups filled with creamy spinach, peas & corn and baked in a creamier mint, spinach cilantro pesto.”
I love the creamy pesto sauce. its like green chutney goes italian! 🙂
Very beautiful pictures..and a lovely dish as well..I have been planning on making eggless lasagna for such a long time and this idea is quite interesting as well…
Looks so beautiful!!
Thanks @ Hari Chandana for your lovely comments.
How are you and the kids doing?
Thanks for the lovely comments.
first time here,such a wonderful lasagne yummy and healthy version too
Thanks Ramya…Keep visiting and leave m e your comments.
I like your post very much i had nice time while reading your post.
Thank you very much for such a lovely and informative post.