This week has been more of a Muffin Marathon at home as my daughter loves them. Everyday I had decided to make different varieties of healthy muffins for her at home. Yesterday was her favourite – Eggless Dates Muffins. Today was an especially cold evening so I wanted to bake something warm and toasty yet filling and savoury. I wanted to incorporate carrots also as this would be healthy and appealing to my daughter. Here I added two of her favourite ingredients – Carrots & Paneer.
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour.
1 big Carrots finely grated in the mini grater.
1/2 cup finely Paneer.
Salt to taste.
3/4 Tsp Crushed Pepper Powder.
1/2 cup Melted Margarine.
3/4 cup Milk + Water.
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder,
1 Tsp Crushed Oregano.
Finely Chopped Cilantro.
- Firstly add all the dry ingredients in a bowl one by one – All Purpose Flour, Wheat Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and crushed pepper and oregano.
- Follow your instincts on the amount of spices. If you want your muffins to be fragrant with the aroma of baked oregano, pop in a little more.
- Next melt the margarine and pour it in to your mixing bowl. Add the milk + water mixture after warming it for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add salt and then the grated carrots and the paneer. Mix it all in to the oil + milk + water mixture. Add chopped cilantro.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients little by little and stir them in, with a whisk, slowly without beating it too hard.
- Grease a muffin pan and set the oven to preheat to 350 F .
- When all the flours have been added you would get a slightly watery batter. If you feel its a little too watery, add a spoon or two of flour. Taste the batter to make sure that the salt is just fine.
- Fill in the muffin cups to about 3/4`th , with the muffin batter.
- Once the oven is preheated, to the desired temperature, pop in the muffin pan.
- Bake for arouund 16-20 minutes depending on the efficiency of the oven range.
- Some like the muffin to be crusty, so you can go ahead and bake it for a couple of minutes more until a toothpick thats inserted, comes out clean.
- Enjoy a woderful aroma of the oregano as the muffins get baked.
- Simple yet delicious Carrot Paneer Muffins are ready for a wonderful evening snack for kids and adults!!!
- In my second helping I also added delicate yet sweet corn kernels for an extra special taste.
- Serve with tomato sauce for an added kick. Almost felt like I was biting in to a succulent cutlet!!!