It has been a very busy break for me, having another baby after 6 years!!! I have almost forgotten the simple and joyous , yet difficult times of having a newborn in the home! Sleep times and wakeup calls are completly regulated by her and so are the schedules of the rest of the day. Yet, when I see her face, calm in her sleep, a smile now and then, I realise its worth every pain I have gone through…a million times over!!!!
Last night I was browsing the aggregator, and found Srivalli`s posting for MLLA – 18. And I realised that I had the perfect yet simple post for for her event!!! Steamed Jumbo Peanuts….Memories of this goes as back as when we were little toddlers and Madurai amma used to steam them in the cooker for us to have when we get home in the evenings. It would always be a pleasure to sit with my siblings, chat up about the happenngs of the day and catch up with each other.Summer vacations are never complete without all the cousins, sharing a plate of steamed peanuts!!!
Raw Jumbo Peanuts.
- Wash the raw peanuts well and pop them in to the pressure cooker with just enough water to cover them.
- Add salt to the peanuts and give it a good stir.
- Switch on the gas and when there is enough steam, put the weight.
- In India, the raw peanuts have a thin skin, so all it needs is just one whistle.
- Here, the peanuts have a thick skin and so I allow three whistles.
- Switch off and when ready, open the cooker and have juicy salted soft steamed peanuts.
- Healthy snack for kids when they are back from school and a great idea for picnics and weekend drives.