Cabbage,as a vegetable is an excellent source of Vitamin C. It also contains significant amounts of glutamine, an amino acid, which has anti-inflammatory properties, and an excellent source of dietary fibre. Cabbage as a vegetable was very common in my household. Probably thats why I was not a great fan of it. To make it a little more interesting my mami would add peas to the cabbage liberally. I am posting this as part of “Everyday Samayal”.
Cabbage – 1/2 sliced and chopped in to small pieces.
Peas – 1/4 cup.
Coconut – 2 spoons
Green Chilli – 1 or 2
Urad Dhal, Mustard, Curry Leaves.
- Place a kadai on the stove. Add 2 spoons of oil and when warm, slowly add urad dhal. When it starts to brown, add the mustard and curry leaves.
- Slowly add the cabbage and the peas and stir in well. Add salt, hing.
- Cover and cook for ten mins or as long as the cabbage is well cooked.
- Quickly pulse in the mixer 2 green chillis and coconut.
- Add to the cabbage and mix in well.
- Serve HOT with Drumstick sambar or Pavakkai Pitlae.