Oreo Truffles – 3 Ingredients, 30 Minutes.
It`s already Feb 14`th and I had a really crazy week, running errands, kids, homework and classes and little did I realise the d-day was already around the corner! When I did a rough pantry check, I was mortified that I had no butter!!! That really gives me a panic attack. One never knows when the drive to bake assumes ginormous proportions and I had to be ready. No butter on Valentine`s eve and there was really no way I could run to the grocers. I had been wanting to try out any form of chocolate truffles for a very long time and I remember seeing many blogs with this quick version and what better way than to make them today. They dont need any butter or eggs and no baking either. Try them out and tell me how they were!!!
18 Oreo Cookies.
4 Oz Cream Cheese softened.
4 Oz Chocolate blocks/chips.
- Prep up a baking tray and line it with parchment paper. Keep aside.
- In a food processor, pop in the oreo cookies and give them a quick pulse. Add the softened cream cheese and pulse until well combined to form a soft dough.
- The fat in the cream cheese combines with the butter cream icing in the oreos and the mingling creates pure magic.
- If you do NOT have a food processor, simply crumble the oreos in the mixer and then mix in the cream cheese and mix it until the heat from your palms brings them all together.
- Transfer to a dish and seal with cling wrap. Refrigerate for over an hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and scoop out balls of oreo cookie dough and smooth them in to balls of the same size. Set them on the parchment paper. Return back to the refrigerator.
- Take a clean deep vessel and fill it with water. Set the flame on medium low.
- Now place a dish with the chocolate/chocolate chips over the vessel containing water. This is a double boiler. We dont want to introduce any direct heat on the chocolate and we use the steam from the water to slowly melt the chocolate.
- Stir with a rubber spatula to aid in the uniform melting. When the chocolate is melted its silky smooth and shiny.
- Using a fork/spoon gently pick up the oreo ball and drop it in to the chocolate.
- When its coated with the chocolate, spoon it on to the parchment sheet again. Repeat and continue until all the balls are coated.