This is another versatile chutney that is a great accompaniment to Dosa, Idlis or even Bread Sandwiches. There is a slight twist on the regular tomato chutney as this has its own fresh ground spices that render a unique taste. It`s a tasty spread and I have used it in my Colourful Stuffed Dosa Rolls. I`ve also added a spoon of flax powder for added fiber.
2 Ripe Tomatoes.
A small sprig of corriander leaves.
A spoon of sambar powder.
Roast in Oil and Powder:
2 spoons of urad dhal.
2 spoons of bengal gram.
2 red chillies.
4-5 curry leaves.
- Chop the tomato and carrot in to slices and set aside.
- Allow the powdered spices in the mixer to cool.
- In a kadai, add a spoon of oil and when hot, add mustard and curry leaves and immediately the slices tomato and carrot pieces.
- Add required quantity of salt, turmeric, hing, a spoon of flax powder, and a spoon of sambar powder and allow to cook till mushy. Allow to cool.
- Grind the tomato carrot mush, along with the spices and a bunch of cilantro leaves to a chutney consistency. There would be no need to add water, as the tomato already releases water when cooked.
- For added flavour, grind with a spoon of coconut milk. Another option is to use Onions.
- Tomato Carrot Chutney can be served with Colourful Stuffed Dosa Rolls.
This is another of my entry for FIC-Orange the brainchild of SunshineMoms and hosted by Aparna of MyDiverseKithchen.
9 thoughts on “Tomato Carrot Chutney.”
Chutney recipe is interesting. It can make a good sandwich spread too. Why don’t u send this to FIC orange.
Thts a different chutney recipe there..Its got a nice color and am sure was very yummy.
that’s a different chuteny ..looks very delicious
Thank you for the receipe. Please post them in http://www.newspaanai.com and invite more readers to your blog. It is a tamil social bookmarking website and it has a separate receipecorner for receipes. For easy posting of your articles with once click of a button please visit http://www.newspaanai.com/easylink.php
One more delicious chutney. Sounds great, Shoba.
Thanks for sending this one also FIC Orange.
today i made this chutney n it was a super hit ….Thankq sooooooo much for sharing this wonderful recipe ..Satyahttp://www.superyummyrecipes.com
Hi Shoba, I am going to try tomato carrot chutney as it sounds great. Vijaya mami
I am so glad…please do try it nad let me know how it turned out. Have fun!