Dosas are always a pleasure to have at anytime. My daughter and husband, would nt mind dosa everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It`s also possible to variate the dosa with so many different sides like Tangy Tomato Gravy, Tomato Carrot Chutney, Coconut Chutney etc..Many times, I would like to supplement dosa along with some thing a little more healthier. Dosa for lunch becomes a problem as it gets very dry and brittle, and is hardly filling. Stuffed Dosas are a great lunch idea, as they are lined with a healthy chutney and layered with a stuffing that is hearty and filling, making them into bite size pieces.It`s filling, healthy, non-messy and non-fussy!!! Try it and you will love it!
Tomato Carrot Chutney.
Potatoes,Carrot,Onions & Peas filling.
- Make soft dosas on the tava and set them aside in a casserole so they remain warm. It`s essential that the dosas for this preparation are SOFT and not brittle.
- Place a dosa on your work surface. Line it with the prepared Tomato Carrot Chutney. This forms as a layer for the filling to stick, and also to keep the dosa moisturised.
- Spoon out enough filling to cover the top of the dosa. Do not spread near the corners of the dosa as this may spill out when you roll them.
- Place a second dosa on the filling. If the dosa is warm, it will immediately stick to the filling.
- Carefully roll this and slice it diagonally in to little cartwheels.
- Serve with a side of Chutney or a little cup of curd.
- This a great picnic snack as well as a travel snack!
- The filling could be anything that you have. Depending on the kind of filling, you could make the sauce.
- If you have leftovers of a dry subzi, from the morning, you could line the dosa with pudina chutney or sweet tamarind chutney and serve with a cup of curd garnished with chat masala and cilantro.