Mango Kuzhambu (Manga Kootan) is one of those typical kerala gravies that I love to make. This is one dish that’s simple, bursting with flavours and can be made in a jiffy. All you need is a nice tangy raw mango and a few minutes and ou have this amazing kuzhambu ready. Without any further delay, let me share with you the recipe.
1 half of a raw mango chopped n to big pieces.
1 spoon of Methi seeds (Venthayam)
4-5 red chillies.
1/3 cup of coconut.
A pinch of jaggery.
1-2 ladles of thicd curd.
Mustard & Curry Leaves.
- Drop the cut mango pieces in the copper bottom vessel, and pour water adequate to cover the mangoes, add a pinch of turmeric and allow to cook for 7-8 mins. Switch off the stove.
- Now roast the methi seeds and red chillies in oil and grind with the coconut to a smooth paste.
- Add this paste to the cooked mango, add salt, and a little water(around 1/2 cup) to get it in to a kuzhambu consistency.
- Switch on the stove till it boils and turn off the heat. Add 1-2 ladles of curd and mix it in well.
- Season in coconut oil with mustard and curry leaves.
Sending this amazingly delicious Mango Kuzhambu to Srivalli`s Mango Mela….
4 thoughts on “Manga Kuzhambu (Raw mango simmered in a coconut-yoghurt gravy with seasonings)”
I had almost forgotten abt this kerala dish…thanks for the recipe and am surely going to tread this path u have shown and revive those beautiful memories again..yummy!!!
Wow shobha, curry looks very delicious. Raw Mango with a yogurt what a combination.
Hey, this looks great, have never tried this. Will do so soon, once I lay my hands on a nice raw mango