This time at the library, I found loads of books on sale and I was excited to see magazines like Vegetarian Cooking, Parents,Midwest Living etc om sale. I was browsing through one of them when my eyes fell on the Twirly Whirly Pizza in the Parent Magazine. I had also seen it in Madhuram`s page here.
Today was a lazy Saturday and I wanted to cook a light filling italian dinner for my family. I remembered the Pizza Rolls and the asparagus I had bought at the produce section yesterday. Another all time favourite of mine is zucchini which is a versatile vegetable. I made the following:
2. Swirly Stuffed Pizza Rolls.
This is the recipe for the antipasti – Swirly Stuffed Pizza Rolls.
Store bought Pizza Dough bought to room temperature.
Store Bought Marinara Sauce ( I used Napa Valley Bistro`s Porcini & Portabella Mushrooms).
10 fresh baby spinach leaves.
Thinly sliced Mushrooms Pieces.
A drizzle of dried oregano.
A drizzle of dried basil.
Salt and black pepper to sprinkle.
- Unroll the pizza dough and spread the marinara sauce on the top.
- Sprinkle the sliced mushrooms and then the spinach leaves above the sauce.
- Add a drizzle of basil, oregano, salt and black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease the base of a oven proof tray.
- Roll the pizza dough and slice to make 6-8 rolls.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until the rolls turn golden.
- Serve with a side of Marinara Sauce ,Tomato Dip, or Creamy Basil Pesto Dip.