Today being the very first day of Navarathri and also the first saturday of the tamil month of “Purattasi”, it was an auspicious day completely. Today`s Neivedhyam was:
This variety of Sundal made of raw peanuts does not need any soaking and can be prepared with little or no notice.
2 cups of Raw Peanuts.
1/3 cup of fresh coconut grated.
4 Green Chillies.
A few drops of coconut oil.
- Place the peanuts in a cooking vessel, inside the pressure cooker and add sufficient salt. Keep enough water to just come to the level of the peanuts.
- Cook for at least 2-3 whistles.
- When cooled, drain all the water and save it for making sambar or rasams.
- Take a kadai or wok and add a spoon of coconut oil.
- When the oil is hot, add mustard, curry leaves, hing and immediately the cooked peanuts.
- Allow to saute for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse the coconut and green chillies without adding any water, in the mixer for a few seconds. Set aside.
- When the contents of the kadai are well mixed and sauted, add the pulsed coconut mix.
- Add a little more salt only if needed.
- Offer Neivedhayam to the Goddess.