It`s always a challenge making little treats for kids when they come home from school. It is also very important to combine in a meal, health and good taste. At home, any requests for junk food like chips etc are always entertained only combined with health foods like fruit, vegetables or dry fruits like raisins, dates etc. This time ,during Halloween my daughter wanted a special multi coloured toast, depicting fall colours…so this was a quick idea that flashed my mind. She loves chocolate hazelnut spread and pineapple jam, so hey why not combine both together for a quick breakfast???
2 Loaves of toasted whole wheat bread.
One scoop of Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread.
One scoop of Pineapple Jam.
- Toast the bread as needed.
- Smother one side of the prepared toast with pineapple jam in the shape of a triangle.
- Spread the other side with creamy chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Serve as is.
- Kids love the interplay of flavours and colours and you have a quick breakfast finished on time.
- Many times I place round slices of cucumber to complement the taste and for an even healthier option.
Use your creativity and make as many variations as possible. As far as this dish is concerned, sky is the limit. I have listed a few options below:
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread & Peanut Butter.
- Creamy Cream Cheese & Ketchup.
- Ranch & Chat Sweet Sauce.
- Strawberry Jelly & Cream cheese.
- Apple Butter & Ranch.
- Sweet mango chilli spread & Margarine.
This is one of the first of my entries to Kids Delight event at Srivalli`s blogpage SpiceyourLife.
7 thoughts on “Fun Foods for Kids – Double Flavoured Toasts!!!”
Feel like having rite now even its too late nite..am hungry now:)
Even we adults would love it
hi,you have got a wonderful blog.You must be with your princess around.What’s her name? Toast looks delectable.Are you from chennai?Happy new year !!!
this looks like fun:)
Thank you for the lovely entry