Mushrooms are my all time favourite and I add them to anything I make- Pulavs, side dishes, subzis, pastas, salads etc. Yesterday was an official not-too-much-time-in-the-kitchen-day. So I grabbed some vegetables and my leftover mushrooms and created this rice dish. There is a small difference in the way this dish is made, which makes its taste also different. There are no harsh masalas and heavy garnishing. Its an easy tasting pulav and has no onions or potatoes, so its easy o the waistline. It`s also a quick fix entree so here it goes.
2 cups of Daawat Basmati Rice cooked and cooled.
1/2 cup of Peas.
1/2 cup of diced carrots.
1/2 cup of cauliflower florets.
1/3 cup of diced mushrooms.
1/4 cup of chopped mint leaves.
1 tsp garam masala.
1 tsp of chilli powder.
Pinch of turmeric.
1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
2 spoons of powdered old fashioned oats.
Seasoning: Bay Leaf, Cloves (2), Somph and curry leaves.
- Take a wide mouthed kadai and pour about 2 spoons of oil. Add the cloves, somph, bay leaf, cinnamon powder and curry leaves in that order and allow them to fry in the oil for a couple of seconds.
- Next, add the vegetables – carrots, cauliflowers, peas,turmeric and the required salt for the vegetables.
- You could pre-cook the cauliflower and the diced carrots in the microwave so it lessens the time in front of the stove.
- Stir in the chopped mushrooms and then sprinkle the chopped pudina, and red chilli powder over the vegetables and mix it in well.
- After a few minutes, add the cooked rice to the vegetables. Add the garam masala and salt for the rice and mix it well. Take care that the mushrooms do not break, so stir it carefully.
- Garnish with coarsely powdered oats and cilantro.
- Serve with Onion Tomato raita.
3 thoughts on “Quick Mushroom,Peas & Carrot Pulav.”
Garnishing with powdered oats is a good idea.
quick n easy pulao.never tried recipes with mushroom..will try this:)have bookmarked it..
Ha, Yummmy stuff 🙂