As a kid, I remember I would simply hate having Idlis for breakfast. In my opinion an Idli is simply a blob of plain dough steamed , with no inherent taste of its own. Ocassionally, I would force one or two down my throat by smothering them with sugar and ghee. As a teenager, my childhood preferences was still fresh in my mind and Idlis simply eluded me!!! A year in to hostel life, and I was yearning for home made hot steaming idlis with
My daughter is always a sucker for Idlis and loves it in any form. So I make a lot of the mini bite sized idlis for her for a quick breakfast option. These mini idli moulds are so amazing as they transform an otherwise mundane dish to something so exciting and allows a lot of creativity. I picked these little moulds the last time I was in India.
Mini Idli Moulds.
Oil to Grease.
3/4 cup Curd.
- Grease the mini idli moulds with Gingely Oil and spoon out the batter on to them.
- Place the idli plates in the pressure cooker and set the heat on HIGH.
- When the steam has been coming sufficiently, set the flame to SIM and keep on stove for 8 minutes. No need to add weight.
- Switch off the cooker after 8 minutes and allow a little more time before opening the cooker.
- Place a spoon in a little cup of water. Sprinkle water on the Idli Plates and use this spoon to scoop out the mini Idlis.
- Take out the serving cup and add the curd. Add 2 spoons of cane sugar and mix well.
- Pop in the cooked Idlis and serve to your kids a tasty yet healthy breakfast.
Sending a bowlful of Idlis to Srivalli for her event – Kid Friendly Event – Kids Delight – Wholesome Breakfast.
11 thoughts on “Mini Idlis in Sweet Curd – Kid Friendly Breakfast Options.”
nice idea! im sure kids wouldnt have enough of these sweet curd idlis!
wow..nice and cute idlis..never tried it with curds and sugar..lovely snack..
I share your opinion about idlis. Never liked it as a kid. And Amma used to make the mini idlis.
Mini idlis in sweetend curd should be a winner with the kids.
nice idea of serving idlies with curd !
My hubby and daughter think like you when it come ti idlies, both of them hate it, they think it has no taste and prefer dosa. I on the other hand love idlie with sambhar.
Love the idea of sweet idlies.
Fluffy idlis soaked in anything is a welcome treat. Certainly children will enjoy such fany looking minis.
Woww looks like paal paniyaram…excellent idea..
This is something very new to me..never heard idlis in curd before…i think it wud taste yummm
Those are so lovely!..thanks for sending!
I love idly as even as a kid, this sounds so nice and no kid would deny having this!!!